How is it that another year has passed already! It seems like it was only yesterday that I was writing a post about starting 2016.
The past year has been a bit of a rollercoaster for me and I’m not going to bore you with the details of it all. I definitely feel like a better person now mentally, than I did in the previous years and God has played a huge role in that. I am hoping that I will continue to be guided by him this year.
I hope that this coming year will be full of exciting new adventures for me. Some scary – like the finals (I apologise in advance for the numerous posts to come in the next few months which will involve me talking about these exams!) and others exciting – like being able to present a poster at the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.
So the first post of the year wouldn’t be complete without some resolutions. After looking back at the year, I am disappointed to see that I took a break from blogging so I can’t remember exactly what my resolutions were at the start of the year. Which leads me onto my first New Year’s resolution:
- Continue on my blogging journey. I want to document my life just so that I can look back on it in years to come and relive the most important and significant memories that I had.
- Worry less! This is a big one, especially this year, I need to learn to put my faith in my creator and let everything fall into place.
- Invest more time in my family. Being a South Indian who is trying to accommodate two different cultures into her life to define who she is can sometimes create tensions.
- Continue to invest time in my friends. My girls have been amazing in the last year and they have got me through some tough times and I want to make sure that I’m there for them. This also means that I need to stay in touch with my best friend of 13 years!
- Take more pictures
- Work hard and stay productive so that I can achieve the full potential that my God has planted in me.
I hope those of you who decide to create some resolutions are able to stick to them! And let’s see where this year takes us…