If you have not already guessed, I adore food. Along with that, I also love cooking. I am sure all the fellow students that read my blog are aware of the lack of time you are subject to. This means that you have to really make the most of your time to ensure that you are productive and achieve what you want to everyday. Or maybe that is just me…
Since the start of this academic year, I have been prepping my meals a week in advance and it is a great time saver. I always imagined that doing this meant that you would have to eat ‘rabbit food’ or some other bland dishes that I have found on the web but a lot of experimentation has meant that I have been able to make some pretty delicious meals which are easy, cheap and time-saving.
One of my favourite dishes that I like to meal prep is Spanish chicken. It literally takes about 15 minutes of actual hardwork and then you can just let the oven do the rest!
- Chicken thighs – I use 6 normally
- New potatoes
- 500 ml of chicken stock
- Oregano, chilli flakes, salt, pepper
- Grated garlic and ginger
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Add all of the chopped potatoes, peppers, mushrooms, chorizo and olives into a deep oven dish
- Mix the spices, garlic and ginger into the chicken stock
- Place the chicken thighs on top (You can marinate them with flavourings of your choice)
- Pour the stock over the dish
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes. Check that the chicken is cooked all the way through before digging in.
And there you have it. 6 meals for the upcoming week!