Having spent a few years blogging about my journey through medical school amongst other things, I have come across some blogs which are definitely worth a read. Over time, I have noticed that there is a large market of medical students from America who run successful blogs but it has been a bit of a struggle trying to find blogs run by medical students in the UK. Having said that, I have come across blogs that were written by medical students in the UK but they were affiliated with their universities, so I found that they lacked a personal touch. Therefore, I am going to use this post to talk about some of my favourite bloggers that I have come across over the years; two of them are actually studying at Lancaster Medical School!
The idea actually came from Doctor In Spe who provided a list of bloggers and ‘Youtubers’ that they enjoyed following so this is my version!
Medical students from the UK:
- Hopeful Medic – This is the blog of a second year medical student from Lancaster University.
- Rather Simple – Another second year medical student from Lancaster University
- Little Miss Medic – A blog by a 5th year medical student based in London
- The Wandering Medics – A blog run by two fourth year medical students
- The Medical Journey Blog – A biomedical student studying at Queen Mary in London who is planning on applying to medicine.
- Inside My Head
- Dissected Thoughts – A first year graduate-entry medical student studying at the University of Leicester.
- Chidera Ota – Chidera is a fifth year medical student studying at the University of Cambridge.
- Diary Of A Student Medic – A first year medical student studying at the University of Manchester
Other blogs by medical students from across the world:
There are plenty of other blogs on the web but these are the ones that are springing to my mind right now. So have a read of some of them and hopefully you can get different perspectives of medical school from various students.