I want to wish all my readers a Happy New Year! This year has been a hell of a rollercoaster ride and I want to look back at some of my most popular posts and also my achievements (and failures!) over the course of this year.
Top 3 posts of 2017
- Dealing with failure: Talking about my first failure really opened up the debate within my blog about the culture of failing an exam at medical school.
- Medical student feature (University of Queensland): This was surprisingly the second most popular post this year.
- The unwritten rule of stethoscope placement: Even though I wrote this post a while ago, it has still remained popular.
I have a number of things that I am looking forward to in 2018:
- My second poster presentation at the British Undergraduate Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Watching my year group in Lancaster graduate to become doctors!
- My own graduation at the Royal Albert Hall for my intercalated degree
- Completing my final year of medical school in September
Things I want to get done in the upcoming year:
- Take on an art project this summer
- Investing more time in relationships
- Read more. Make time for Origin by Dan Brown.
- Take more photographs
- Grow my blog audience